Brett Favre on Saints' alleged $35K bounty: 'I really don't care'
Get the 1500 ESPN SportsWire delivered to your inbox daily, and keep up with all the news in Twin Cities Sports
Brett Favre has heard the NFL's accusation the New Orleans Saints had a $35,000 bounty on his head in the January 2010 NFC championship game -- but he doesn't have much to say about it.
"My feeling, and I mean this wholeheartedly, is that I really don't care," Favre told NFL Network on Friday.
"What bothers me is we didn't win the game. And they didn't take me out of the game. They came close, but a lot of people have come close. I'm too stubborn to come out.
"Plus, that was kind of a big game. I'm not going to sit the last three minutes. I'm going to go out there with bones sticking out of the skin, I'm going to finish it."
Favre did take a beating in the game, which he and the Minnesota Vikings lost 31-28 in overtime. Saints end Bobby McCray was fined $20,000 for two illegal hits, including a high-low takeout with Remi Ayodele that left Favre sprawled on the turf with a left ankle injury.
The NFL originally announced in March that Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma offered $10,000 to the player who knocked Favre out of the game. Last week, the league revealed evidence it says proves the bounty was actually much higher.
Former Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams was suspended indefinitely, coach Sean Payton for six games and assistant head coach Joe Vitt -- who allegedly offered $5,000 toward the Favre bounty -- for six games.
Also, Vilma received a one-year ban and three other current or former Saints were suspended as well. The players are all appealing.