Bumps and bruises adding up
Get the 1500 ESPN SportsWire delivered to your inbox daily, and keep up with all the news in Twin Cities Sports
3. C Joe Mauer (swollen right toe, not playing today)
4. 1B Justin Morneau (stiff back, hasn't played since leaving Wednesday's game)
5. RF Michael Cuddyer (healthy)
6. DH Jason Kubel/Jim Thome (healthy)
7. RF Delmon Young (healthy)
8. SS J.J. Hardy (turf toe, not starting today but is available)
9. 3B Nick Punto (15-day DL, right hip flexor tendon; expected to be activated Saturday)
That's without mentioning the sore elbow that's bothered starting pitcher Nick Blackburn in four uneven starts and multiple setbacks in the bullpen.
None of the new injuries is considered significant, and the good news for the Twins is no key players have missed extended time yet.
But it's also safe to say Gardenhire wishes the team had another day before May 10 -- still 11 days away.