Vikings' draft order: Nos. 12 and 43 top list; five picks in top 150
Get the 1500 ESPN SportsWire delivered to your inbox daily, and keep up with all the news in Twin Cities Sports
The NFL has yet to officially release the complete, seven-round order for next month's draft, but a league spokesman on Thursday confirmed the slots of the Minnesota Vikings' selections.
The Vikings were one of seven teams to finish with a 6-10 record. So, those seven teams rotate spots through the rounds, with the Vikings receiving the second-lowest pick (No. 12 overall) in Round 1 based on strength of schedule.
Here's the full list of the Vikings' nine picks, with the round listed first and the slot within the round in parentheses:
1. (12) 12th overall
2. (11) 43rd overall
4. (9) 106th overall
5. (8) 139th overall
5. (19) 150th overall (from New York Giants)
6. (7) 172nd overall
6. (35) 200th overall (compensatory pick)
7. (13) 215th overall
7. (35) 236th overall (compensatory pick)
A few notes ...
• The compensatory picks were awarded last week based on the Vikings' free-agent losses of halfback Chester Taylor and offensive lineman Artis Hicks.
• The third-round pick the Vikings traded to the New England Patriots for receiver Randy Moss in October ended up being No. 74 overall.
• The seventh-round picks originally were slated to be Nos. 214 and 235. However, those were bumped back when the NFL reinstated the No. 205 pick it had taken away from the Detroit Lions for tampering. The Lions will lose a 2012 pick instead.
The first round of the draft begins at 7 p.m. on Thursday, April 28. Rounds 2 and 3 are on Friday, April 29, beginning at 5 p.m., and Rounds 4 through 7 on Saturday, April 30, beginning at 11 a.m.