Derrick Locke fails physical, not among Vikings' 14 undrafted rookies
Get the 1500 ESPN SportsWire delivered to your inbox daily, and keep up with all the news in Twin Cities Sports
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- The Minnesota Vikings released a list of 14 undrafted rookie signings on Wednesday afternoon, and one of the most notable players who agreed to terms a day earlier wasn't on the list.
Kentucky running back Derrick Locke posted on Facebook that he failed his physical, one day after he posted a photo of himself in a Vikings shirt and hat and an NFL source confirmed he had agreed to terms.
Locke rushed for 887 yards and 10 touchdowns last season despite missing four games with an injury that was diagnosed as a shoulder stinger. He also suffered a fractured left forearm while riding a moped in June 2010 and suffered a torn ACL and MCL in 2008.
Ed Barham, a tight end from North Carolina, also was left off the list after reportedly agreeing to terms on Tuesday.
The 14 players who did sign are:
• Chris Adingupu">Chris Adingupu, S, Prairie View
• David Akinniyi, DE, North Carolina State
• Conan Amituanai, G, Arizona
• Matt Asiata, HB/FB, Utah
• Larry Dean, LB, Valdosta State
• Marcell Gipson, CB, Wyoming
• Ryan Hill, S, Miami
• Andre Holmes, WR, Hillsdale
• Rod Huntley, G, UTEP
• Byron Isom, G, Auburn
• Domonique Johnson, WR, Cal-Poly
• Allen Reisner, FB/TE, Iowa
• DeVon Torrence, CB, Ohio State
• Nathan Whitaker, K, Stanford