Vikings sign in-state trio
Get the 1500 ESPN SportsWire delivered to your inbox daily, and keep up with all the news in Twin Cities Sports
A day after signing two of the 30-plus players who tried out at rookie camp over the weekend, the Minnesota Vikings have signed three more -- all from within the state.
Like receiver Marquis Hamilson and tackle Bill Noethlich, who signed on Monday, the newest additions will join the offseason program as extreme long shots to make the team.
The Vikings now have signed 16 undrafted rookies since the NFL Draft ended on April 24.
Here's the complete list:
* C Eddie Adamski, Northern Illinois
* QB R.J. Archer, William & Mary
* G Thomas Austin, Clemson
* G Adrian Battles, Minnesota State
* WR Marquis Hamilton, Iowa State
* T Matt Hanson, Midwestern State
* C Tommy Hernandez, California-Davis
* DE Cedric McKinley, Minnesota
* T Bill Noethlich, Southwest Minnesota State
* WR Aaron Rhea, Stephen F. Austin
* CB Marcus Sherels, Minnesota
* SS Terrell Skinner, Maryland
* WR Ray Small, Ohio State
* WR Kelton Tindal, Newberry
* CB Angelo Williams II, Ferris State
* T Marlon Winn, Texas Tech
Today's signings put 78 players under contract -- two short of the offseason limit. That doesn't include end Ray Edwards, who hasn't signed his restricted tender, or the eight draft picks. So, seven players will have to be cut before training camp opens on or around July 31.