Vikings won't consider bringing back Randy Moss: 'We'll be moving on'
Get the 1500 ESPN SportsWire delivered to your inbox daily, and keep up with all the news in Twin Cities Sports
The Minnesota Vikings won't be considering a third turn with Randy Moss.
"We'll be moving on," general manager Rick Spielman said on Thursday during his annual sitdown with reporters in advance of next week's NFL scouting combine.
Moss, 35, declared earlier this week he intends to play in 2012 after sitting out all of last season.
It's no surprise the rebuilding Vikings have no interest in the five-time All-Pro, whose tumultuous second stint with the team lasted only four games in 2010.
Receiver is one of the most pressing needs on the Vikings roster, but Spielman listed it as a strength (along with cornerback) in free agency and the draft this year.
"Randy was a great player," Spielman said, "but we'll focus more on trying to get a younger team."